Friday, June 14, 2013

With Every Ending Comes A New Beginning

Well, BHS. It's been real and it's been fun. It's been real fun. Today, I spent the last few hours with the high school that I have come to know and love. Bozeman High School has been so much more than a place to try and learn a thing or two. Over the course of the past three years, my life has been full of change and experiences. There have been many defining experiences with Bozeman High that have shaped me into the person that I am today.

I can't say that I remember my first day at Bozeman High. Let's be honest, my memory sucks. But I do remember my first pep rally, with Purcell's famous Homecoming speech. I remember spending countless hours online trying to find a sublime dress for my first school dance. I remember going to the Prom as a freshman, apprehensive of how elegant all the upperclassmen girls were. I remember winning State football freshman year and realizing just how much Hawk Pride exists. I remember the support I got the summer my friend died, from teachers who weren't even my teachers anymore. I remember the spirit weeks and the bad-ass outfits we were able to come up with. I remember UCA cheer camp with my team and making memories. I remember the countless classes I took with teachers who went the extra mile. I remember the Project X2 meetings where I would sit in awe of the amazing students that were in the club, with lofty lists of accomplishments. I remember the first day I ran Hawk Compliments, and the tears I shed seeing the affection of BHS. I remember cruising on my scooter down the narrow hallways, with nothing but a big smile plastered on my face.

Whether you realize it or not, Bozeman High is filled with so many passionate, dedicated, good-hearted people. And though I am just realizing this now, it's an idea that I will run with in the future.
So. What next? Severing ties with BHS will not be easy for me. However, I know I am leaving prepared, and ready to take on whatever the world throws at me next. And thankfully, I won't ever have to make the trek from Junior Lot into N-Wing.

Until next time,
Mallory



No comments:

Post a Comment