- Become fluent in Bahasa Indonesia, AKA Indonesian. I have a feeling that this may be a little tricky saying as how Indo has more than 2,000 dialects. But hey, a girl can try!
- Take a visit to Bali. I find Bali fascinating, mostly because it's the one island in Indonesia that isn't predominantly Muslim. It's Hindu! I would love to see and experience another religion in addition to Islam. I've also heard that the religious ceremonies of the island are very cool!
- Wear a hijab. I have a feeling I may be doing that a lot.
- Volunteer! I think this will be important because it will help keep me grounded, remind me that things aren't as bad as they seem.
- Learn to bargain! I like to think I'm already pretty persuasive and loud so hopefully that will help me out.
- Become a badminton champ. Badminton is super popular in Indo. Luckily for me, I was the sophomore gym class champion!
- Clothes, clothes, clothes. I want to get lots of them.
- Swim in the ocean. I need to get back in touch with my mermaid roots.
- Make my host family some sort of American meal, mac and cheese and chocolate chip cookies?
- Keep up with my blog.
Monday, May 20, 2013
I suppose you could say that I have big plans for my year abroad. Here are a few things I hope to accomplish. If you have anything else I should add, let me know!