Monday, May 20, 2013

Bucket List: Indonesia Edition

I suppose you could say that I have big plans for my year abroad. Here are a few things I hope to accomplish. If you have anything else I should add, let me know!
  1. Become fluent in Bahasa Indonesia, AKA Indonesian. I have a feeling that this may be a little tricky saying as how Indo has more than 2,000 dialects. But hey, a girl can try!
  2. Take a visit to Bali. I find Bali fascinating, mostly because it's the one island in Indonesia that isn't predominantly Muslim. It's Hindu! I would love to see and experience another religion in addition to Islam. I've also heard that the religious ceremonies of the island are very cool!
  3. Wear a hijab. I have a feeling I may be doing that a lot.
  4. Volunteer! I think this will be important because it will help keep me grounded, remind me that things aren't as bad as they seem. 
  5. Learn to bargain! I like to think I'm already pretty persuasive and loud so hopefully that will help me out.
  6. Become a badminton champ. Badminton is super popular in Indo. Luckily for me, I was the sophomore gym class champion!
  7. Clothes, clothes, clothes. I want to get lots of them.
  8. Swim in the ocean. I need to get back in touch with my mermaid roots.
  9. Make my host family some sort of American meal, mac and cheese and chocolate chip cookies?
  10. Keep up with my blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment